Friday, April 1, 2016

A - Artistic People

   I'm an art person. People (including my mom) say that art people are weird. I don't feel that I'm weird. Maybe I am.
   I don't mind fashion, but I do not like high fashion. Meaning, I don't like ugly clothes just because some fancy dude who can't dress designed something and listed it as a thousand dollars. Brand names don't do anything for me.
   I do, however, like expressing myself through the clothes I wear. I own a multitude of assorted scarves, cool shoes and intriguing jackets. Even with my incredible fashion sense, I have been told I dress like a clown, which only supports my mom's theory: art people are weird.
   I also like makeup. It's fun, and it's also a cool way to express myself. I have been called Goth, a clown (again, but with my face) and several other interestingly unkind things.
   Will I stop? No. Will people ever stop thinking it's their business what I choose to wear and put on my face? No. Do I care? Not at all. I'm an artistic person who loves self expression. Art is a great outlet for expression. Use it.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Clothes are a form of expression and everyone should have the right to express themselves that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting from the A-Z Challenge, and I think you've already learned a very important lesson that will serve you well in life. What other people think doesn't really matter, what matters is that you are true to yourself and comfortable in your own skin. If you are dressing/wearing makeup in a. manner that makes you feel confident and happy, it's a great thing. People who do their clothing and makeup styles just to draw attention are sad indeed. Artistic souls have always been misunderstood, but as you grow older you will find there is more tolerance for being unique, and why would anyone want to be anyone but themselves anyway?! :-)
    Josie Two Shoes from Josie's Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I agree with you on artistic souls being misunderstood.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!