Monday, March 7, 2016

Spring and Birthdays

   Today was an very nice day. We went and visited some good friends. The weather was warm, a vast change from the snow and cold that occupied our region for so long. Finally, glimpses of spring can be seen and it's very refreshing. I don't particularly like winter, (autumn is my favorite season,) but summer is my second favorite. I don't like spring much, on the other hand. Mud, tornadoes, sickness, false warmth and other things like that make spring miserable for me.
   One good thing about spring, is that it offers the promise of summer and warmth. My brother's birthday, my birthday and my dad's birthday are all in the spring, which is another plus. My mom's is in late winter. Birthdays are integrated in our spring activities. A lot of my friend's birthday's are in the spring too.
   For my birthday this year, I'm trying to debate what to do for it. We typically have a small party with my family, then I have a sleepover with my best friend. It's a pretty typical birthday tradition. This year, though, I'm want to do something different. My birthday is still quite a ways away, but it's never too early to start coming up with ideas.
   I've thought about going to an art museum with my best friend, but it's still a solid maybe. She's not a big art person, and I want it to be fun, rather than a school trip. I also want to eat at a vegetarian restaurant, if possible. We don't really live in an area where anybody is a vegetarian, ergo - no vegetarian restaurants.
   No matter what happens, I'm sure my birthday will be great. After all, it's not what you do or receive, but who you spend it with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!