Wednesday, April 27, 2016

W - Wreck

   I love to read. It's a way to live a thousand lives during your life. Awesome, right? Well, not always. Sometimes, the book you read is awful. A book I read recently, The Girl on the Train, is probably one of the worst books I've ever read. I read it because it was supposed to be a great mystery. It's getting it's own movie and all.
   I was appalled at the book. I found all the characters unlikable, insane, stupid and troubled. The mystery element wasn't very good. I think the mystery would have been better if the characters would have been more tolerable.
   I think the worst part of the book was the fact that there wasn't any 'good' characters. Every character was a mess, undignified and miserable. If you would happen upon this book, I would suggest that you throw it away, burn it, make it into confetti or use the pages to line a hamster cage. That would be better than reading it.
   Some books are fantastic, others are quite the wreck. Still, you need bad books to help you understand the treasure that is a good book.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a dreadful book that I won't be reading now. "Gone Girl" was an awful book too, with a chuck it out the window ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is such a thing as a depressing book it has to be the one book I read a while back called "Nobody's Daughter." It was about an orphan who got bullied constantly, and then later found out she had a previously adopted sister. She sets out on a mission to find her sister with her best friend that lives in the orphanage with her. When she finally finds her sister the parents threaten violence to her sister and jailing if she interferes. The book ends with her best friend being killed by the bullies and her walking home being powerless. My advice to you is to never read that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awful book! How could something like that even be published? Thank you for your warning. I will be more than sure to heed it.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!