Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J - Just Me and Random Stuff

   Creating my blog was easy. Picking the layout, the color scheme, fonts, what I wanted on my sidebar, it wasn't hard for me to pick. The hard part though, was choosing a name. It took me several weeks from the time I was told I could have my own blog, from the time I started it, to pick a name. I put a lot of pressure on myself to pick the perfect name.
   I originally wanted to put the word 'prism' in my blog title, but everything I could think of was already taken, or it sounded really stupid. So, prism eventually faded out of a possibility. I was out of ideas. I need a name that incorporated what I was going to write about, yet was vague enough that I could write about various topics. That leaves very few options.
   After another week or so passed without any name ideas. Then I remembered a name I had previously came up with for something else. Just Me and Random Stuff. I had a slight doubts about it, considering that it sounds kind of childish, but I realized it was probably my best option. Vague, yet specific enough and pretty much summed up what my blog was going to be about.
   So I created the blog. Here we are today, where we are close to Just Me and Random Stuff's one year anniversary. Looking back, I'm glad I chose this name. In the words of one of the ladies at the nursing home we volunteer at, "It's short, sweet and to the point. It says what it needs to say and that's it." Of course, she was talking about the Valentines Day card we had made for her imaginary boyfriend, but the point remains the same.

1 comment:

  1. I had similar thoughts when I set my blog up. I didn't want to be restricted to a niche so I had to have something general. I finally settled on My Random Musings because it literally covers everything!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!