Friday, April 29, 2016

Y - Yearbooks

   Every year our homeschool group creates a yearbook. Our homeschool group used to be much bigger, but now we have under half of the people we used to have. Which isn't bad, really. You get to know everyone personally. Our yearbook is much smaller as well.
   Because of our smaller size, every kid fills out a slip of paper for the yearbook where they write their name, age and something about themselves. This is how you will be remembered when everybody's old and half dead, as they look through their old yearbooks and see the kid they pretty much forgot about. They read your 'about myself' statement, and aren't ashamed they didn't remember you. You like to swim, great.
   My brother and I always put extra effort towards ours, spending days trying to come up with the perfect thought. This year, mine reads something like, "I like art, music, playing guitar, being with my friends, superheroes, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, reading, writing and being a vegetarian, despite people's opinions. I absolutely abhor styrofoam and communism. I am looking forward to our upcoming trips this summer."
   I know, I know, I sound like an eight year old boy crossed with a slightly crazy, slightly depressed teenager. If that's what you're thinking, then I'm guessing I did a pretty good job of describing myself. :) I'm just kidding. I'm not eight, a boy or depressed. I can't promise anything about the crazy.
   Anyway, in a decade or two, most of the people I know now I won't even have to talk to anymore. In the future, I will have different friends and people I associate with. For most of the people I know, that won't be a bad thing. But for some of the people I know, I will miss them when they're gone.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I like music, playing guitar, and I've been a vegetarian for 26 years, so don't worry about what anyone else thinks about that. :) And who knows, with social media you might end up staying in touch with more people than you expected. Unfortunately. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!