Monday, April 4, 2016

C - Conformity

Conformity:
 
Compliance with standards, rules or laws
Behavior in accordance with socially acceptable conventions or standards
Similarity in form or type; agreement in character


   I was raised to be a strong and independent thinker, capable of making the right choice even when it's hard. Maybe I was raised a little too well. I am a strong anti-conformist. I'm not a non-conformist, because if you conform to non-conformism, what's the point? You're just conforming to something other than traditional conformity.
   So I decided on anti-conformity. I don't know if that's a real thing or not, so if it's not real, I just made it up. Regardless, it's one of my strongest principles. To me, anti-conformity is not conforming to the tradition peer-pressures, social injustices and government overreach. But conforming isn't always such a bad thing.
   Conforming to a religion is important part of many peoples lives. Anything from atheism to pantheism counts. Sometimes conformity is a good thing. Our black light puppetry team is doing a flash dance. The point is to make everyone look the same. If you don't conform to the dance, you look like the idiot.
   Conformity isn't all bad. Be your own person, but remember, sometimes you need to conform, and that isn't a bad thing.


2 comments:

  1. Social issues and Individual issues. Social issues you normally have to conform. But if you find that they are creating loss to the society your protest starts. You can become nonconformist as a part of protest. For individual issues you have the choice. sometimes you imitate and sometimes you do independent things.

    My Post for C Today Communicating About Your Blog on Twitter
    Good to visit your site as a part of my A to Z visits. My theme Blog Promotion
    Getting Traffic to Blog - Essential Activity of Bloggers Along with Writing.
    Welcome to A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016 - Co-Participant - Nrao - NRao Blogs
    @knoltweet
    NRao Blogs - 2016 A to Z Challenge Blog Posts
    Management Theory Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit of a salmon myself (tend to swim upstream against the flow!) Have fun this month!

    @ShonnaSlayton from
    Author Shonna Slayton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!