Saturday, April 9, 2016

H - Hoarding

   I may have a bit of a hoarding problem. My bedroom is overflowing with things and clothes. I also have several totes of clothes and stuffed animals in my moms bedroom and several totes in the attic. It's not like I don't throw away things, I do, it's just that I have so much stuff that isn't trash.
   Stacks of notebooks, piles of clothes, shoebox after shoebox filled with assorted things and against one of my walls is half a library of books. Children's books, mysteries, biographies, poetry, joke books, love stories, educational books, anything. From The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe to The Joy of Knowledge.
   It has come to my mom's attention that I need to clean my room. I was supposed to have it cleaned by Thursday night, but since I finished all my science for the year, mom gave me an extension. The thing is, it's hard. Really, really hard. I don't know where to put everything. I have so much stuff, it overflows into mom's room, where it sits in totes.
   So today, after I finish this post and take care of the chickens (I may also clean the bathroom and the fish tank, because I'm procrastinator), I will be starting on the horrific mess that has become my room. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I have a hard time with hoarding too. We clean and then we start collecting things again. It's this constant battle and, as a result, just as we get ourselves cleaned up, it's practically time to do it again! Argh!

    Maybe, since you have so much stuff, it's time to consider donating or trashing some of it? It's always hard to find places for new things when you have trouble finding places for older things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trashing and donating things like crazy right now. I've been gathering trash bags of clothes to donate to our local Salvation Army, and I'm starting a box of books to give away as well. I may not be the biggest fan of cleaning, but I do enjoy donating my old things to a good cause.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!