Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Vacation Bible School II: The First and Second Days

   Last year, I did a couple posts about Vacation Bible School. You can read them here and here. Anyway, here comes the sequel! Yesterday morning was our first VBS day. I was writing about VBS yesterday afternoon when my computer decided it had to update right now. It took all day. By the time it finished updating, I was ready to go to bed. So this post will summarize both days.
   Yesterday morning I woke up early, got dressed, drank a cup of coffee and got ready to leave. I gave myself plenty of time to get ready and wake up. I do not like mornings all that much. Mom was ready as well, so we got in the car and took off. I drove, which was enjoyable. When we got there, I greeted my great-aunt (I help with her class) and sat down with a few kids.
   We did assembly and songs, then we separated into our different groups. I help with the Pre K and Kindergarten kids. First, we went downstairs to make a craft. We made cute little whales out of small, cardboard flower pots and shaped pieces of foam. Then we went upstairs and listened to the Bible story. The theme of VBS this year is Ocean Commotion. We're learning about Noah, the ark and obedience to God.
   After the Bible story, we did the workbook activities. They started out by filling out their 'dive logs', which are mostly interactive attendance charts with stickers. After that, we went down and had snack, which was a trail mix with Swedish Fish and goldfish crackers. Then we went outside to play a game, which was just chasing bubbles. Surprisingly fun, I will say.
   After we finished the game, we headed back into the sanctuary for another assembly and songs. After I helped distribute the crafts to my class, I left. All and all, it was a successful Bible school day.
   Today was much like the previous day, aside from a few differences. I did not want to wake up this morning. I had risen early yesterday and later that day, I went on a four mile walk/run with my brother. I was exhausted. We made crowns today for craft, instead of whales. We had mandarin oranges for snack and played with a parachute instead of bubbles for our game instead of yesterday's activities.
   Tonight, I'll be sure to get to bed much earlier. I stayed up until almost eleven, which I am sorry to say is much too late. I'm already tired and it's only 6 pm. I feel old. :) Anyway, I'll write again about VBS, if I can. Who knows what this computer is going to do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!