Monday, June 8, 2015

Vacation Bible School: The First Day

   Every year, I help one of my aunt's with her vacation bible school. I truly enjoy helping. She teaches the Preschool-Kindergarten class. Today was the first day of VBS. The entire Bible school consisted of 47 kids. Our class had 21 kids. I'll let you do the math. It was a large class. We had my aunt, myself and two other ladies helping, so it was manageable.
   We started our by making a comet for our craft. You pretty much take a foam ball, spray paint it silver, (this was done previously, as you can probably guess,) tie together some curly ribbon and then cut of the tails of the ribbon where you tied it, poke a hole in your foam ball, fill it with glue, then push the knotted end of the ribbons into the hole. Let dry. Viola! Your very own comet. It's not rocket science. Rocket science, comet. Ha, ha, I'm hilarious. :)
   Anyway, after that, we had a bible story about how God made the world and how he loves us. The kids Bible verse was, "God made the world. God made people." I couldn't help but smile at the abridged version of the original verse. So very blunt and childish, all the while being God's word. They learned what happened on each day of creation. I found it interesting that plants and vegetation were created before the sun. I love how that even I'm in a class for 4 year old children, I'm still learning interesting things.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have your hands full. Enjoy your time at VBS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!