Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Just a Thought

   Today I was went shopping with my mom and brother. While we were in the checkout lane, I saw the little lip balm tubes stuck in their little plastic rack. I couldn't help but notice that one of the flavors was Mango Sunrise. Seriously? I want to know what sunrise tastes like. 
   I couldn't help but laugh at the craziness of it all. I like mango just as much as the next person, but I wouldn't buy that lip balm just because of the over zealous name that accompanies it. Another thing I would like to know is what other fancy names of products deceive consumers into thinking something is greater that it actually is?
   A few days ago I receive a candle that said it smelled like turquoise sky. Nether of those things have a smell. I had shower gel entitled beautiful day. It smelled like apples. Because of course, when you think of a nice day, the first thing that comes to mind is apples.  And I can guarantee you that fresh cotton doesn't smell anything like cotton, stale or fresh. To throw into the mix, I have a bright green candle called hocus pocus and I no idea how to describe that smell.
  
 What's something that you have discovered that has an over exaggerated name?  

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!

    We actually have a bottle of hand soap, delightfully scented as Twilight Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that candles are almost always have over exaggerated scents, for example, one of my candles is named "Kitchen Scents" don't expect to smell metal pans, and cheesecake, it smells like a nauseating mixture of custard and very old socks, not very pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!