Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


 
 
1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American,  feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?

   I am American and I love Independence Day. My favorite thing is probably going to my grandparents for a large picnic. My favorite food to have on the fourth of July would have to be macaroni salad. We typically have a flag out and we go and put flags on the graves of our family's veterans. I love fireworks, and I enjoy setting them off, and watching them as well.


 2. What's something you recently got for free?


   A new pair of shoes my grandma gave me.


 3.  The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why? 


   I have seen the Washington Monument in person, and the rest in pictures. I don't have a favorite monument but I do have a penchant for the Confederate Flag.


 4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?


   Probably more hog, just because bad news doesn't really faze me. I haven't given too much attention to the ISIS news, just because I don't really watch the news, and when I do, I'm not watching to see what ISIS is doing.


 5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.


   Vanilla, definitely. I love vanilla ice cream more that any other kind, and I have to say that I don't think I'm a boring person.


 6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?


   Counting Stars by One Republic. I don't love this song, but I do like it and would listen to over a lot of other music. I honestly couldn't think of any other song I liked with star in the title.


 7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an
acrostic

Just saying, I'm not going to miss you much,
Unlike the other months so far, you rained a lot.
Nothing more left to say,
Eventually you'll be back again.

(That was the best I could think of. I had no creativity to fly out for this month.)


 8.  Insert your own random thought here.


   Tonight, my brother, mom, both my grandmas, cousin and I are going to the drive-in movie theater. I'm excited to go. I like movies so this should be a fun experience. Yeah, I know, this wasn't exactly my best post, but they said a random thought, not a deep one. :)

4 comments:

  1. A drive in movie sounds great -- hope you have a good fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to a drive-in movie sounds like fun! I hadn't realized those still exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your random thought was fine - hope you all had a good time and happy 4th July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good acrostic. Vanilla is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!