Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 
 

1. Is your home air conditioned? If it's not air conditioned, is that by choice? Did you grow up with air conditioning? If not how did you cope with the heat? Share about a time or place you remember as being too hot-the temperature kind of hot, lest anyone be confused.

   My home is air conditioned and I love it. I think it would be terrible to go without, and thankfully our home never has. A place that is too hot? Our driveway. It's blacktop and you can actually fry an egg on it when it's sunny. I've burnt the bottoms of my feet on it every summer I can remember living here.

 
2. What's something in your life right now that falls under the heading 'up in the air'?

   I have two things that are always up in the air for me. What I'm going to eat, and when I'm going to do school. Unlike normal people, I do my school whenever I have the time, not on a certain schedule. I try to have it finished by noon, but that doesn't always happen, especially since I'm a night owl.


 3. Your favorite light and airy dessert?


   Peanut butter pie. I don't make it often, but my friends and I were just talking about it yesterday and I think I'll be making one soon.


 4. When did you last feel like you were 'floating on air'?


   Last evening when I was doing a science test, I got a perfect 100 percent. I was delighted for the rest of the evening.


 5. Airport, airmail, airtight, airhead...which have you most recently encountered? Explain.


    I encountered an airhead earlier today. Seriously, I don't understand how some people can be so dense.


 6.  Have you ever been to the Alps? If so where did you go? If not, is this a destination on your must-see list? If you were headed that direction this summer, which of the following would be your preferred activity...a gentle walk, a serious walk, a bike ride, a boat ride around one of the lakes, or summer snow skiing?


   I've never been to the Alps and I don't have it on my list of things I like to see. I think I would like to go for a gentle walk the most. Isn't a serious walk a hike? All I think of when I think of the Alps is Heidi, a book I had to read in third grade.


 7. What is one saying or phrase that was considered 'cool' when you were growing up?


   I can't think of a cool phrase or word that was cool then, and isn't now. Give me twenty years and I can say that words like hashtag and selfie were popular.


 8. Insert your own random thought here.


   I just returned home from bowling with my brother and two of his friends. We had quite the time. When we arrived, I asked for the wrong size shoes, almost dropped a bowling ball on my foot and tripped over the floor. That was in the first five minutes. One friend tossed the ball and it managed to end up in the lane beside us. We had several problems with the pins, and I tripped over my shoelaces. I only got one or two strikes, but I had a blast.
   I had to laugh, because my brother was getting cocky with his spares and as he jumped to celebrate, he went for a heel click type thing, and all of the change in his pocket fell out and littered the floor. We called it the Spare Change. We all had fun and made some memories that I hope last a while.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I had to laugh at your bowling experience. I can empathize, I used to be super clumsy as a teenager. Thankfully that's something I outgrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter Pie sounds delicious! Your bowling trip sounds eventful! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!