Friday, July 10, 2015

The Day I First Missed a Question on a Test

   I remember a day from my childhood, a day that was a tragedy at the time, but now, I look back and can't help but smile. A day when a little seven year old me, at that point, had never missed a question on a test. Not once, not ever. I was a overachiever even then.
   It started out as a normal school day. I had just finished a Bible test, ready for my 100 percent to greet me at the top of the page, when tragedy struck. I had gotten a 98. A 98! I was shocked and heartbroken at the horror that lay before me. It was a number these events, 1-5, about Moses' calling to go talk to pharaoh. I confused 'Take off your sandals' with 'This is holy ground'.
   At the time, I was heartbroken. I bawled and bawled like it was the end of the world and I was going to hell for eternity. Looking back, I see I overreacted a little. As of today, I've missed plenty of questions on test and worksheets. I'll probably miss some more too. But I don't think I'll ever forget the day I first missed a question on a test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!