Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 
 
1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-

Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?

   While these aren't bad rules to live by, I don't think that they are truly the secrets to happiness. Work to live, versus living to work? I don't think that makes you happy. I don't think that living to work is a bad thing, depending on your definition of work. Sometimes it's okay to stand in the rain of the storms of life, instead of searching for a rainbow that doesn't exist. Use the rain to grow something, instead of trying to find your way out of it. I think some people relax too much. Now I'll step away from the podium I have built for myself and answer the questions.
   Hardest one for me? Finding the good in life. I'm not a overly peppy, positive person. I don't have a negative perspective on life, just more realistic than optimistic. Easiest one? Overcome your fears by facing them head on. I'm a straight to the point person. I don't beat around the bush, especially when I'm scared.


 2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?

   I wouldn't spend it. I would save it. If I spent that found 20 dollar bill, I wouldn't have a 20 dollar bill anymore. Instead, if I keep it, I earn 20 dollars.


 3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.

   Trip over your own two feet. I'm incredibly clumsy. I just tripped yesterday, while running into a lake with my friends.


 4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?

   Swimming. I love to swim and I'm a pretty strong swimmer, and I'd love to master all the techniques and such. How would I use that skill? Probably lifeguard somewhere. I think that would be fun, whistling at people who are disobeying the rules. My only problem is that I'm nearsighted, and even with my glasses, I still don't have 20/20 vision. So I guess you're on your own, if don't see you.


 5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?

   I just went swimming for the first time this year on Sunday, I've gotten other ice cream, but I haven't eaten a normal ice cream cone. I've eaten a cone, but without the ice cream. They taste like cardboard, but it's a good cardboard. I've seen Inside Out, I'm not sure if that's considered a summer blockbuster or not. We set up a tent in our living room and slept there one week, not true camping, but close enough for me. I haven't eaten corn on the cob, I hate gardening and I haven't deliberately unplugged. I haven't watched a real ballgame, but I have watched my brother and one of his friends play in a backyard. I might of picked a strawberry off the vine in June, but other than that, no. I haven't taken a road trip but I have read many, many books. None of these things are on my summer bucket list, except I would like to swim some more.


 6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?

   I don't believe I have anything to ask the candidates at the current time. If I come up with anything, I'll edit this post.


 7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?

   I don't have a most listened to song. My mom plays the radio in the kitchen all the time, so whatever plays I listen too, and I have a bunch of CD's that I play. No song in particular has been singled out.


 8.  Insert your own random thought here.
 
   I love to write, from blog posts to books, from journal entries to lists. This morning, I went to the trail and I talked with one of my wonderful friends about books we were writing. That was very enjoyable. Later today I will be heading to the nursing home to volunteer, then heading to the library. As of today, life is great.
 
 
Here are a few puns until next time. Some of them are original, and others are ones I've heard.
 
You can't lose a homing pigeon. If your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
 
My brother has the heart of the lion and a lifetime ban from the local zoo.
 
Whiteboards are remarkable.
 
I refused to believe that my road worker father was stealing from his job, but when I got home, all the signs were there.
 
I was walking down the street when I saw an advertisement for a cheap TV with a broken volume knob. I thought to myself, "Wow! I can't turn that down!"
 
The man who created knock-knock jokes deserves a "no-bell" prize.
 
I went to a really emotional wedding yesterday. Even the cake was in tiers.
 
Someone stole my Microsoft Office and they're going to pay.
You have my Word.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I LOVED your answer to number 1. I am not a positive person either . Something I struggle with all the time. I, too, think of myself as a realist instead of as negative. I don't think it is at all negative to be realistic. Thank you so much for the puns. I needed that laugh. Your love of writing shows. Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!