Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 
 
 
1. When did you last 'swim against the tide'? Explain.

   I don't have a specific instance when I swam against the tide. I typically try to avoid the normal expectations of the public, because if a lot of Americans are doing it, then there has to be something wrong with it.


2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read?

   I don't read self-help or self-improvement books. I read a book on drawing a month or two ago, does that count?


 3"Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith) 

Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities) neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond.

   I agree to a point. Tolerating stupid people, bad drivers, annoying children, obnoxious teenagers and other clowns is a virtue. I don't think that tolerating things being shoved down your throat is a virtue, I think that people should get a grip and stand up for they believe in, even if it goes against the grain.


 4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood?

   We used to have SuperBowl parties when I was little and I remember being yelled at by my great-aunt to get out of the way of the television screen, then I would go in the kitchen and eat Dorito's. I remember thinking how cool it would be to have parties like that every night. Junk food, people, the works.


 5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood.

   I'm not a parent but I do remember that my brother and I loved to play on our slip and slide or our trampoline. I'm not sure if anyone even uses slip and slides anymore.


 6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why?

   I would want to be on the beach. Virginia Beach or Clearwater Beach, preferably.


 7.  Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.
 
   Message in a Bottle by The Police. It's not really about water, but I like the song and it does have references to water in it.


 8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
   Even though it's still summer, I'm excited for school to start. This year I'm delving into topics that sounds fun, but challenging. School supply shopping is the very best shopping I think possible. All the different notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, binders, everything. Even though summer is nice, I love starting school.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Your beach choices are great! I am getting excited about back to school supply shopping also! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's good that you're excited about going back to school. Enjoy the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Back to school is one of the best times of the year for me personally. I think I will be heartbroken when I graduate.

      Delete
  3. I went to public school for 13 years and didn't enjoy one day of it. The best day of school I had was the last day when I graduated. I was never so happy. I just remember smiling for months after I pulled out of that school parking lot for the last time. I graduated about 20 years ago and I'm still happy that school is over for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once as a child I was swimming in the Atlantic ocean at ocean city Maryland and the tide started to carry me out into the water further and further and my uncle who took me and my cousin (his son) came to my rescue or so I thought. I just remember wrapping my frightened little arms around his neck and and we both almost drown! He fought for his and my life to get us back to dry land. WOW that was scary! I don't recommend swimming against the tide!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!