Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What's something you're looking forward to in the month of June?

   My family and I our going to an amusement park for my grandfather's birthday, and I am very excited to go.


2. In what way have you come full circle?

   I seem to come to a full circle every year with piles of school. I start off so well, but as the year continues, I get so sick of it. I try to love it, but here I am once again, hating school as I finish it.


3. Lonely Planet lists 10 spots in America you should see in 2015 and the reasons why. How many on the list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?

Queens NY, Western South Dakota, New Orleans, Colorado River Region, North Conway NH, Indianapolis IN, Greenville SC, Oakland CA, Duluth MN, and the Mount Shasta Region CA

   I've never been to any of those places. I looked at the site and I think that I would most like to see Oakland, CA. Food trucks and art galleries on a Friday morning. Sounds like a vacation to me! :)


4. A song that describes your mood right now?

   Good to Know -- Francesca Battistelli


5. Strawberry ice cream, strawberry short cake, strawberry pie, or strawberries right off the vine...your favorite?

   Oh, man. What to choose, what to choose. The only thing I don't like on that list is strawberry ice cream. I love strawberries and we have a whole garden devoted to growing just them. I probably will have to say strawberry pie (with LOTS of whipped cream.)


6. Aesop's birthday is celebrated on June 4th, although there is some disagreement as to whether or not that's accurate, or if he was even a real person. Regardless, the name Aesop is associated to this day with many well known fables. Which of the following best applies to something in your life right now? The Tortoise and the Hare (Slow and Steady wins the race), The Ant and the Grasshopper (Be prepared), The Fox and the Goat (Look before you leap) or The Crow and the Pitcher (Necessity is the mother of invention)?

   The Tortoise and the Hare. This morning I went to our local bike trail and about died running. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I tried to keep a steady pace and it paid off. I ran more than a mile. I wish I could give a inspiring quote about how endurance makes you stronger, but all I have is: my hip hurts.


7. The answer is yes...what's the question?

   Would the world stop spinning if macaroni and cheese didn't exist?


8. Insert your own random thought here.

   My little cousin is here visiting and I enjoy having her here. We made some pottery in the morning and then went to the trail for some exercise. After we returned, our pots were still damp, so we let them sit longer. I went to check on the pots and found that my pots (I made 4) had large gashes in the bottom in the shape of my first initial. At first, I was furious. I went upstairs to where my brother and cousin were, and asked who did it. No one confessed. I went downstairs and repaired the gashes and calmed down. After gaining some more information, I went up and asked again. My cousin confessed. I'm honestly still a little peeved, but it will pass. Patience is a hard virtue to master.

2 comments:

  1. My family used to tease me that I had a little piece of pie, with a huge pile of whipped cream! Sounds yummy to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd have been very patient over the pots either. Enjoy the visit with your Grandfather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!