Friday, June 19, 2015

Playing Guitar

   I love to play and sing music. It's one of my very favorite things. My dad knows how to play the guitar so he's been teaching me some things. I have small hands so it was hard to stretch my fingers at first to where they needed to be. The worst part was when, at first, my fingertips got so sore from pressing down on the strings. After a while they calloused and that was a relief.
   A little while ago my dad mentioned about wanting to play Lord I Need You by Matt Maher. So I looked up the chords on Google to surprise him with being able to play it. I didn't know all the chords so I had to look some up, but after a few practices I got them down pretty well. I still have trouble with the D/F# but it's easier than before. The same day I learned the gist of it, I played it for him as kind of a rough draft. He was impressed and said that by the next time I played it for him, it would be perfect.
   So from that point to now, I've been working on it on and off. Today I really worked on it and I think its sounding pretty good. I'm going to see about playing it for him tonight. Do you play any instruments or do you prefer to sing? What kind of music do you like? Feel free to answer in the comments. I play violin, guitar, ukulele and piano. I like pretty much all music, except for classical and a lot of country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!