Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Tell us about one fun thing on your June calendar. 

   My family and I are heading to an amusement park for my grandfather's birthday. We've been there a couple times and it's always a blast. I'm excited. The only bad thing is, we'll be missing our first homeschool group meeting for the summer this year.

2. How careful are you in the sun? Do you tan or burn? Do you make it a point to see the dermatologist every year? 
 
   Regrettably, I'm not incredibly safe in the sun. I hardly ever wear sun block. I don't burn in the sun, except for the first time in the spring when I go outside. Other than that, I tan. I've never been to a dermatologist, and unless I'm dying, I probably never will.

3. Describe a time when you wanted to 'throw in the towel'.

   I've been learning how to drive, and I've been enjoying it. Unfortunately, my little brother is the worst passenger. He goes from freaking out, to offering me advice on how to drive. I could live without his suggestions.
   Yesterday, I was driving us home from going to get ice cream. An impatient idiot was tailgating me, which was already stressing me out. My brother was telling me how to drive, mom was patiently and calmly tell me when I needed to slow down and when I needed to speed up (which was quite helpful) and my grandma was sitting in the back.
   I was so tense, I just wanted to pull over and let mom drive the rest of the way home. But I didn't, and sucked it up. I survived, as did all my passengers. When we got home, my whole upper body ached from the tension. Driving is fun, so I'm hoping I get better at it.

4. What's a song you love that has a day of the week in the title or lyrics? 

   I Don't Like Mondays, by The Boomtown Rats. I couldn't find a YouTube version I like, or I would share it here. It's an older song, so that probably doesn't help. I like the piano in it, and the melody's catchy.

5. Are you a fan of berries? Which one's your favorite? What's the most recent berry dish you've eaten? Which blueberry breakfast food appeals to you most-blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, or a blueberry muffin? 

   I do like berries, strawberries being my favorite. The last berry dish I ate was a Jell-O cake with blueberries on top. It was good. From the list, definitely blueberry muffins. My mom makes the best blueberry muffins. I could eat a whole pan.

6. What's something you want to do before your next birthday? 

   My birthday wasn't that far back, so I have a decent allotment of time until then. I would like to get a real job before my next birthday. I think it would be fun, and I would like to start saving for the future.

7. June 1st is National Say Something Nice Day, so let's all say something nice here. 

   The weather is really nice here today. It's sunny and warm. We have several windows open, and when it gets hot this afternoon, we'll turn the air conditioners on. Gotta love air conditioners!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

   My giveaway is still open. Feel free to enter here. Happy Wednesday!

 

9 comments:

  1. hope your grandfather has a very blessed birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at the amusement park! Happy birthday to your grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We're all excited for the amusement park. Except for maybe my mom. She doesn't like to be hot, and the day were going is supposed to be a scorcher.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed your story about the time you wanted to 'throw in the towel'. Also, great job in handling that tough situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a bit stressful, but I made it. I've been driving a bit since then, and it's been getting better, little by little.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Grandfather! I hope you all have a great time!

    I've never heard of I Don't Like Mondays or The Boomtown Rats. I'll have to look it up.

    I've always loved to drive! I hope it gets less stressful for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping my driving gets less stressful, too. I think I'm at my worst when mom gets stressed with my driving, because that stresses me out as well. Overall, she's really calm about the whole thing, which helps a lot.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Grandfather! I hope you all have a great time!

    I've never heard of I Don't Like Mondays or The Boomtown Rats. I'll have to look it up.

    I've always loved to drive! I hope it gets less stressful for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!