Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?

   All the summer months are good. I like June, because of the beginning of summer and all that, I like July because the days begin to get shorter and I like August, because that's when we typically start school, plus it's the beginning of festival season and it's very close to fall. So I guess if I had to pick a favorite, I'd say August, because it's pretty close to fall, but summer isn't over.

 

2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?

   I can swim, and I love to do it. My grandparents got a pool when I was two years old, and I've been in the water ever since. I rarely wear sunglasses. When I got my glasses, I easily broke the sunglasses habit. Even when I wear my contacts, I hardly wear sunglasses. I had a pair a while back and I have no idea what happened to them. If I would ever need a pair, my mom has a pair I can borrow.


 3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?

   I can't think of a specific characteristic, although I can be insensitive at times, without even thinking, so I typically judge myself for some stupid things I say. I think the characteristic I judge most harshly in others is whininess. I can't stand when people complain about things, especially pointless things. I think it's even worse when they can do something about it, but instead sit and complain.


 4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled
The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you? 

   I don't have a road (literal or figurative) that I've absolutely wanted to travel. I do love that poem though.  

 

5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor? 
 
   I don't mind popsicles. My favorite flavor is definitely whatever red is. Red popsicles are the best. (Unless it's watermelon in disguise. Watermelon flavored things are mega disgusting.)
 
 
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form?

   I think I'm a 9. I know what Brexit is, but I have no desire to learn anything more about it. I think it's going to impact life in the State's, but I'm not really sure how.


 7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.

   Probably Ruby, by the Kaiser Chiefs. That song has the bad habit of getting stuck in my head. Click here to listen and watch an interesting music video.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

   I have been reading like crazy these past couple days, filling in every extra spot with words from anywhere. The last book I read was utterly horrendous, so I'm hoping the book I'm currently reading will turn out better. The book I read before these two, was a book of short stories, and most of those were good. A few of them were terrible, but they were mostly decent.
   I really don't like to read books with stupid endings. I mean, you read hours into these characters lives, love with them, hurt with them, breathe with them, and then, all of a sudden, everything comes crashing down and they are left perpetually hanging without any hope, because they are merely a character in a book.
   I guess that's one of the reasons I love to reread books, even ones I didn't like the first time. Just so I can live with the characters again, and experience their story. I often play out the rest of their story in my head, making sure they get a happy ending, especially if the creator of their lives was so cruel to let them go happy-ending-less.

 

6 comments:

  1. I need to get to reading, again. I just finished a book I started 4 years ago...sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been known to put off a finishing book that I know has a bad ending. I hope you find the time to read again! It's takes a decent chunk of time, but it's totally worth it.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete
  2. You can have a discussion about something that's bothering you without whining. That gets on my nerves quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love to argue and debate, but people can ruin it by whining. It's gets on my nerves, too.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete
  3. sounds as if you may like fall, I do as well while summer is full of fun as well the season I like best is fall
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is my favorite season! I also enjoy summer. The warmer weather allows more pleasant outdoor activities.

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!