Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Vacation Bible School II: The Third Day

   Today was another day of VBS, and it went okay. It's the middle of the week, so the kids are more restless and uncooperative than usual. Other than a few hassles, the day went well. I help my great aunt with her class of Pre-K/Kindergarten, so I mostly help with little kids. I used to help with the songs, but I haven't in recent years.
   I did a little less than I typically helped with, since I held one of my cousins - she's only a year old - during several parts of VBS today. Tomorrow will be the last day I help this year, since I won't be able to do it on Friday. I'm kind of bummed about it, but Friday's activities are looking to be fun as well.
   During the assembly and song time, I sat beside a girl who is in my class. She was fun to talk to. After that, we divided into our groups. First we had craft, we made cross magnets with seashells, then we had Bible story, then we had workbook time, then snack and games. For snack we had blue Jell-O with teddy grahams shoved into lifesaver gummies and for our game, we had to make animal sounds. It was interesting and fun. I enjoy helping.
   On Monday, we had 33 dollars in offering, on Tuesday, we had 116 dollars and today, we had 74 dollars. We're raising the money to go to two charities that help children and also spread evangelism, to my understanding. It's cool to these things happen through children and this ministry. How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!