Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...

Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city. 

Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?

   Going on a road trip with my best friend would be fun, but entirely unfeasible and our strawberries gave up on life a little bit ago, so no strawberries for us. I don't like to garden, and I've only hosted one party (it was my birthday party) and it was a semi-disaster. I don't like morning and I hate to run, so that would be torture. I prefer to grow flowers, than buy a bouquet. I do not like to hike either, so hiking all day wouldn't be fun. I wouldn't mind the coffee shop (I love coffee) and I'd try a new ice cream flavor. I will be definitely reading a book, I just got new books at the library today. Farmer's Markets aren't very fruitful in June around here so that wouldn't be worthwhile. We already have swings here at the house and I don't like the city.
   A lot of these are totally impractical. I'm too busy to take time out of my schedule to plan a road trip with my best friend and so is she. Why do you need to take a road trip in June specifically, anyway? What's wrong with May or July? Plus, who takes a day to spend hiking? Or is this just me?

 

2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful? 
 
   I don't know. I'm at peace right now, so it's not really a priority.

3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure? 
 
   I don't like chocolate ice cream. Phish Food ice cream is the only ice cream I like that contains chocolate ice cream.

4. If you came with a warning what would it say?

   "Very sarcastic, and sometimes things pop out of her mouth that she doesn't mean to say."

 

5.What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week? 
 
   Probably just the typical blogs I read. It's always fun to read new posts.

6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why? 
 
   Probably autumn. Brisk, brightly colored and sometimes cold, autumn is probably most like me.

7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel

Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.  


   I don't necessarily agree with that, because traveling isn't a 'fix it' thing. It's a time to relax. Just because you're not there doesn't automatically make all the problems go away. But on the other hand, it can give you a fresh perspective on things. So I guess it depends on where you're traveling and what you're dealing with.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

   I just ordered my first vintage dress! I'll write a post later, detailing the dress, but for right now I'm rather happy with the thought of it coming soon. :) If it comes in time, I'll be wearing it to a graduation party on Saturday. Happy Wednesday!

 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh...a vintage dress! How neat; would love to see pictures of it! Glad you joined us today for Hodgepodge! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you today at the Hodgepodge. I'd love to see your vintage dress too. Enjoy your party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Wednesday to you, too. I look forward to seeing the vintage dress. I'm over here from the Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A vintage dress-how fun! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!