Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Vegetarian Adventure

   My brother is a vicarious meat eater. Almost everything he eats contains meat. I am the exact opposite. A vegetarian for six months, I can live just fine without meat in my diet. We were at a local restaurant, and it came to the topic of my vegetarianism (which my whole family does not support, but deals with, because they're pretty relaxed people).
   Since my brother is cocky, broke and vicarious carnivore, my mom said he couldn't survive without eating meat for a month. My brother, (cocky, as already mentioned) said he could easily do it. Mom said she would pay him a dollar a day (that's where the fact that he's broke comes into play) if he doesn't not eat meat the entire day for a month. The offer was also extended to me, if I would eat meat everyday. I declined (I'm as stubborn as my brother is cocky.)
   I think this arrangement was settled on Sunday, and today's only Thursday. I know he failed once, with pepperoni pizza. He didn't even think about it as he shoved the slice into his mouth. I never really ate a lot of meat before I was a vegetarian, so it wasn't that hard of an adjustment for me. Thanks to my brothers incompetence, my mom won't be spending that much money after all.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!