Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Bunch of Different Things

   I haven't posted in a while. I had been meaning to, but I never got around to it. These last few days have been both boring and busy. Nothing incredibly interesting has happened worth blogging about.

   Today, we went and visited some lovely friends of ours. It was an enjoyable afternoon. We had a water fight, and it consisted of the three of us girls taking glasses of water and splashing each other, all while throwing insults at one another. It was all in good fun, and good fun it was.

   Mom is currently trying a new pasta recipe that is supposed to taste like tacos. I like tacos, so I'm hoping for the best. UPDATE: The pasta taco recipe was not a winner. It wasn't bad, but it definitely not something I would want to eat by itself again.

   On August 1st, we will be starting school. Yes, I know that sounds very early, coming from a public school point of view (and some homeschoolers, too) but we like to finish earlier, and we also take a long Christmas vacation, as well as breaks for our birthdays, other holidays, sick days and other things. We also do not do school on Fridays, with our homeschool group counting as a day of school.

   This year, I might end up doing school on Fridays, because of the harder curriculum, and more work to complete. I am quite excited to start school, regardless of the workload. I will also be reading a lot, thanks to the boatload of school-required reading, since I'm trying to complete two years of English this year.

   We picked blueberries last night, so we have two 15x9 pans filled with blueberries. That was the first time we picked this year, and we got 5 and a half quarts of berries. This will be a very plentiful blueberry harvest this year.

   Mom and Dad's garden is looking great this year, even with the late planting. I was not here when they planted, which I wasn't too depressed about, since gardening is not my thing. My brother has a whole plot of corn just for himself. He loves corn a lot. He planted three different varieties, one being popcorn. That will be cool to see how it turns out.

   My family and I are currently on a waffle kick. My mom has discovered that she loves to put a decent amount of butter on a waffle, and top that with blueberry jelly. I do not particularly like butter or blueberry jelly, so I did not enjoy this new creation as much as she did. My favorite way to enjoy waffles is topped with some Nutella.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!