Saturday, July 23, 2016

Humidity

   I don't like humidity. The last couple weeks here have been very humid. When I went to take care of my chickens earlier today, it was so humid I could feel it tangibly in the air. I'm ready for cooler temperatures.
   I'm very excited to start school. I believe we have 8 days until we begin. I have very little to do until I start, just getting everything ready to be used and place nicely in it's pile. Tomorrow is the last Monday I won't have school for a while. It's weird, knowing that something I miss now will be something I can't stand in a few weeks.
   My grandmother brought us a variety of pieces of pies that she made recently. She made a layered one unintentionally, and it was the best. It was blueberry, lemon, coconut cream (you couldn't even taste the coconut, just a hint of sweet cream), with a soft, white, pudding-consistency topping (not meringue). It was fabulous.
   My brother is reading the book, The Journal of Jesse Smoke, one of the My Name is America books. He really seems to be enjoying it, which is good, because he doesn't like to read. Our library does a summer reading program, so he's reading to collect hours for that. One of the words he stumbled on, was the word 'ploughs'. He was reading to me, and I believe he pronounced it something like 'po log uhs'. I couldn't help but laugh.
   I'm a big reader, and I don't have the best pronunciation in the world. Up until a few weeks ago, I believe the word 'faux' was pronounced 'fox', instead of 'foe'. This was a major bummer for me. I couldn't believe that a word I had read wrong so many times (and probably used in conversation a few times), was pronounced so differently. It took me a while to come to terms to that.

    Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!