Monday, July 18, 2016

Driving

   I'm getting better with driving, fortunately. I haven't even had any recent driving troubles, aside from getting a little close to a guard rail. Other than that, my driving skills are improving. One thing I will say, is that the most frightening thing about driving, is other drivers.
   A week or two ago, I was driving my family and I into a small village not too far away, when a big truck pulled out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and narrowly avoided all our deaths. I was glad that everything turned out okay, but it was still frightening.
   All in all, driving's been doing okay. Tonight, as I drove home from swimming my grandparents, I didn't have my glasses on and I had no issues driving, so that was good. My vision really isn't that, I just highly prefer to have my glasses on or my contacts in. I think I am becoming a better driver, slowly but surely.
   My best friend and I got our learners permits on the same day. I've had a ton of new driver mistakes, but the most hysterical of mistakes between us, is probably credited to her. She had come to pick up her cat, who had been staying with us while she was on vacation.
   She was worried about her cat (who does not like car rides) and backing out of our driveway, -something that I didn't master my first time either- and started backing out. Only problem was, she didn't start the car. I laughed, I'll admit it. It was hysterical. She stopped, put it into park, started the car and continues backing out. It was funny, and definitely made me feel better about my driving mistakes.
   Overall, I like driving, even though it can be very stressful. I hope to become a better driver, and I'm trying the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!