Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around? 

   It's more the other way around. I am not influenced by the world, and while I'm not influencing the world majorly, I like to think I am setting an example of individuality.

 
2. July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.
 
   I don't remember the last time I used a tape measure. Sometimes we can find a tape measure, and sometimes we can not. In the drawer beside our refrigerator is where we keep some household tools, so if we wanted to find one, that would be the place to start.
   I feel I'm blessed beyond measure with the place where I live. I love our home, and while it's not perfect, I enjoy our farm.

 
3.The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why? 
 
   Hmm. This is a hard one. I would probably pick Wonderland out of those choices, just because I think it would be a fun place to visit. I think all of these would be fun to visit, if I could.
 
 
4. Where and when do you get your best ideas? 
 
   I get good (and bad) ideas everywhere. Whether I'm talking with friends or in bed, most of my ideas just come, regardless of location.
 
 
5.  So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good? 
 
   I've mostly been watching the things I typically watch: Jeopardy, The Amazing World of Gumball, Last Man Standing and whatever else I feel like watching. I recently started watching Arthur again. That show is actually pretty good. Now that we have a DVR, I can record it. When we were little, my brother and I would wake up at 6am just so we could watch Arthur and Martha Speaks.
 
 
6. 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the Fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.

   The dog days of summer are here and horrible. I enjoy the summer months, but these are the worst days. When I think of the dog days of summer, all I can think is the squelching heat and humidity. My brothers corn is not knee high yet, thanks to late planting, but it'll get there soon, he hopes. I don't believe I've ever followed the 'don't swim for an hour after you eat' rule, and I've never had anything bad come from not following it.

 
7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned. 
 
   Don't put mayo on a chicken salad sandwich.
 
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
 
   Today, my brother has some of his friends over, and they went to swim. I did not feel like swimming, so I didn't go along. While they're gone, I decided to write a blog post and watch some Arthur. Happy Wednesday to All!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little curious...why no mayo on a chicken salad sandwich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little curious myself about the chicken salad sandwich and mayo. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!