Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1.  Did you do anything 'memorable' this past weekend?
  
   The most memorable thing I did was while playing Cops and Robbers with some of my best friends and cousins. I managed to hide while everyone walked right past me, causing my team to win, so I guess that was memorable.

 

2. Ronald Reagan is quoted as saying-
 
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."  

Your thoughts? Do you somehow acknowledge and appreciate the freedoms you enjoy? Did your upbringing contribute to that sense of appreciation? If you're a parent, are there specific things you do to pass on this sense of responsibility and appreciation to your own children in regard to the freedoms they enjoy?

   I agree. Freedom does have to be protected. I thoroughly use my freedom of speech everyday. I probably overuse it. I have many family members that are veterans, and I am proud of that.


 3. Loudest noise you've ever heard?

   I couldn't tell you the loudest noise I've ever heard. Loud noises are a frequent sound around our house.


 4. What was the last thing you ate that might be considered 'junk food'? Did you enjoy it?


   I just had a snack cake this morning, actually, and I did enjoy it.


 5. When was the last time you were somewhere the crowd felt 'packed in like sardines'?


   Probably at our local county fair, last fall. It was a huge crowd and I found it very sardine-like. :)


 6. Are you organized when it comes to packing for a trip? Do you make a list weeks in advance or toss items in last minute? Are you a carry-on only sort of packer or do you need an entire suitcase for your shoes?


   I am a very organized packer when it comes to trips. A sleepover at my best friends', I will throw stuff together in a bag a half an hour before we leave. I make list for trips though, and I typically pack a little more than necessary, but I don't completely over-pack.


 7. What was the last sporting event you attended in person? Did your team win? Did you care?


   The last sporting event I attended was my best friends track meet. She won, and I was very happy for her, but as for everyone else, I don't know or care if they won or lost.


 8.  Insert your own random thought here.


   In a few minutes I am leaving to go to run some errands with my mother and brother. I had a great Memorial Day weekend and I hope you did too.

1 comment:

  1. Your comment about free speech and how you exercise that freedom daily and maybe too much -- I love that!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!