Friday, May 22, 2015

Do Not You Dare

   I'm going to start this post assuming that a large majority of people have said at some point, "Don't you dare!" I know I have. But what doesn't hit a lot of that large majority, is the fact that they are saying, "Do not you dare!" Really takes a lot of the fierceness out of it.
   Instead of sounding like you're trying to protect someone from probably doing something stupid, you sound like an Asgard reject. Contractions are very convenient and shorten words but if you break you the words into normal form, you may sound like you're desperate to stand beside Thor and his mighty hammer. Just use a accent and your imagination will do the rest!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I say that all time! The next time I will say it with the accent....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!