Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Tell us about a time you found yourself 'in the middle of nowhere'. Was this deliberate?

   When I was little, probably 8 or 9, our homeschool group was having an activity at summer camp/ranch thing. They had a corn maze which we were all excited to go in. A couple of my friends and I were playing elsewhere while everyone else was still in the barn. We were supposed to meet at the beginning of the corn maze and go through it together at a certain time. We were playing and lost track of time.
   When one of my friends checked her watch, she looked up with wide eyes and said, "It's already fifteen minutes past!" Panicked, we all sprinted up to the beginning of the corn maze, only to see everyone had left without us. For a second, we debated what to do, but came to the conclusion that we didn't want to miss out the corn maze just because we were late. So we decided we would just catch up with them. They couldn't be that far ahead, right?
   We darted through the maze, thrilled and nervous all at the same time. This was a grand and daring adventure, but at the same time, we could find ourselves lost forever. We ran through the maze until we came to a clearing. This was not where we supposed to come out at. The whole time we had not seen or heard any signs of other humans. We were truly in the middle of nowhere.
   Fortunately, we persevered and eventually came out at the beginning of the corn maze again, thanks to us trying to retrace our steps. Everyone else had not gone into the corn maze yet, and we must have misheard the time. Our mothers were not angry, more relived to find us than anything else. Eventually we did go back through the corn maze with others, and it was enjoyable experience.

2. What's something you're 'in the middle of' today or this week? 

   Does the middle of this blog post count? I've been sick these past couple days, so I haven't been getting into much. I'm in the middle of making a recovery, so that's a plus.

3. At what age do you think 'middle age' begins? What does it mean to be 'middle aged'? 
 
   I don't know much about middle age, but I would assume it happens sometime around your 50's. Maybe 40's, if you're in poor health.

4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut...your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list? 

   Probably ravioli, though most of them are stuffed with meat. I do not like stuffed peppers, and I've never had samosas or steamed dumplings. I think I've had pierogis before, but I can't remember liking them or disliking them. I don't mind deviled eggs, or jelly donuts, but I would rather have ravioli over those options. My favorite not on the list is probably a crème filled donut. I love those things.

5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ''In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate. 

   I would agree. I can't think of an example from my life, but I do think that challenges present the opportunity to make us stronger, if we choose.

6. What's a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still? 

   My middle school years weren't that far back, so my songs aren't all that far back in my mind. Don't Stop Believen', by Journey was a favorite, so were TobyMac songs. And yes, I still love them today.

7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered. 

   I will probably will celebrate it today. We won't even have to visit anyone. They come to us. My grandfather will probably be down here twice before the day is out. Also, another grandfather already stopped down this morning, so I guess we already celebrated. Most of our family lives close, so it's often not a big event.
   The relative I would visit if reality would not be considered, would be my uncle who lives in Florida. It's quite the distance to travel, and we haven't seen him in five years at least. Plus, he lives near the beach, and that would be fun.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

   I honestly can't think of anything to write about, so here's a picture of Bob Ross holding a raccoon cub.




 

1 comment:

  1. Just about anything by Journey is a classic and sticks with me. Love the Q & A here—and the picture of Bob Ross! Although I'm surprised he's not painting the raccoon into a peaceful landscape with lots of fluffy clouds, instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!