Saturday, May 7, 2016

Friends

   Last night was our homeschool group's end-of-the-school-year performance. We did a variety show, then black light puppetry. It went really well. We have a lot of talented kids in our group. I sang with one of my friends. We sang Forever, by Kari Jobe. I sang a solo too, Blue Sky, by Francesca Battistelli. My guitar class performed Blessed Be Your Name. Our class came a long way, and overcame set backs. It wasn't perfect, but I was more than happy with how it came out.
   One thing that really stuck out to me these last few days is the magic of people. Since Wednesday night, people had been wishing me happy birthday, giving me cards and overall, just being incredible. It was overwhelming. I wasn't doing a lot for my birthday party, since these last few days have been so busy, but everyone made up for that. One mom even sang Happy Birthday to me into the microphone during practice, thanks to my best friend informing her.
   Through all this, I realized the importance of friends. I didn't realize how many friends I had, but I guess they're all around me. The crazy thing is, my best friends are all people my mom adores. I always kind of wanted a 'bad' friend, to make mom just a tiny bit mad. Now, I'm glad I have such great friends.
   Not everyone has the kind of friends I do. The great type of people that are reliable, kind and will stick up for me. I think everyone should have at least one of those. I think what makes friendship so special is the fact that you choose your friends. Family is great, but you can't choose your family. Friends are the family you choose. It's a great thing. In fact, my 'cousins' are coming to my family birthday party tonight. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!