Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar? 

   Our homeschool group is having our End of the School Year performance this Friday. I'm excited, and nervous. Excited, because performances are a lot of fun, and nervous because I'm performing. I'm a procrastinator, so I put off a lot of the things I should have done a while ago, and now I'm trying to prepare them all at once. Still, I think it adds to the excitement in a way.

2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother? 

   First off, my mom. Then, the creepy slime stuff in our strong apple cider vinegar.


 3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass? 
 
   I think stained glass windows are pretty. The Brethren church we used to go to has stained glass windows. Every Sunday, I passed the time by counting all the different pieces of glass in the windows. That church was kind of boring.

4. Was today typical? If not, what made it unusual? 
 
   Today's been typical so far, but who knows what the day has in store.  

5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
 
   Either patience or gentleness of spirit, though I probably need the gentleness of spirit more, because I'm not entirely impatient.
   On a different note, one thing that bothers me is everyone wishing for qualities they want. There is nothing wrong with dreaming big, but if you want something, go for it. Start practicing the patience you wish you had. Think before you speak. Enroll in anger management classes if you need too. I'm not saying it's going to be easy, cause nothing is easier than sitting around and complaining, but it will make a positive difference. So instead of whining about what you don't have, take action. You need a new habit to break an old one.

 
6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May? 
 
   I don't think I have any upcoming major purchases. But, I'm more sporadic with my spending. If I overthink it, I will end up not getting it. So, in theory, my next big purchase could be in May. The month is still new.

7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult?
 
   I'm not yet an adult, so this question doesn't apply to me. I will say that my parents helped shape me to be the person I am today. A little hard work never killed anyone, just strengthened them.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
   My school is almost done for the year, fortunately. I have some more language arts to do, but then I'm done. I love finishing the school year almost as much as I love starting one.
   I'm excited for this summer. The summer reading program at our library, swimming at my grandparents, warmer temperatures, going to the park with friends from our homeschool group, camp fires, family picnics and a ton of other fun summer things to do and experience.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!