Tuesday, August 23, 2016

News

   Sorry about the lack of posts lately, but I have news: I got a job! I'm currently employed at a place I'll call The Discount Store. I've been a  frequent visitor of The Discount Store since I was a baby and I've been mistaken for an employee countless times.
   I was not planning on getting a job until spring. But, as you can tell, things have changed. On Wednesday of last week, my mom, brother and I were running some errands in town. We stopped at The Discount Store to pick up some cheese and salt. We left with 66+ dollars of merchandise and a new employee. :)
   My first day was last Friday, where I was mostly shown around, and met some of my coworkers. It was very easy. My second day was Saturday. I learned how to work the cash register, and by the end of the day, I was doing it by myself.
   Today was my third day, and it was pretty good. I mostly worked the register all day, and stocked a few shelves. It was a pretty good day.
   Part of having a job is the interesting people that some through, and having interesting stories to tell. My best two are:
  • A guy with green hair came through with well over twenty bags of beef jerky (and a decent amount of dog food as well) on Saturday, and proceeded to tell us about how much he loved beef jerky, and that he was coming back Monday morning to get more when we restocked.
  • A guy with a mustache that he twirled up around the corners came through. He bought $5 worth of candy.
   Another thing is, I'm called ma'am a lot. I don't feel like a ma'am. I don't act like a ma'am. But apparently that's a suitable title for your cashier. I don't mind it, I just find it strange. Plus, ma'am is a really weird word.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!