Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. In two or three sentences tell us what Veteran's Day means to you.

   To me, Veteran's Day means respecting those who bought our freedom with their lives. Several of my close relatives have served, and that is something to commend them for.


 2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline?

   This is a hard one. I guess I would have to say Molly. It's an American Girl movie about a girl on the home front during World War II.


 3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu?

   Definitely no. Our family stands strongly against vaccines. I've had the flu before, and it wasn't fun. Sickness is never fun.


 4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at 
Starbucks, sans the holiday decor, and that has some people up in arms. What are your thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November?

   I don't mind early Christmas stuff. Some people get bent out of shape because 'we're ignoring Thanksgiving' but I don't agree. When Thanksgiving comes, we celebrate it, it isn't as big of an event. I attend several Thanksgiving dinners. Just because Christmas stuff is out, doesn't mean we don't celebrate Thanksgiving too. We just don't put up Thanksgiving trees.
   On the Starbucks cups, I like the minimalistic look. I honestly think people are just overreacting. Whether the cups have the décor or not, the overpriced coffee inside is still they same.


 5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one?

   I don't have one that I'm most afraid of. I'm not unnecessarily skittish about snakes and spiders and stuff, but I'm not searching out encounters with them.


 6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'?

   I do like building things. I helped my dad install windows last weekend, and though it wasn't really building anything, it was a project that's related to building.


 7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life? 
 
   An essential oil diffuser my mom bought. It changes colors and emits a cool vapor that diffuses the oils. It adds a little splash of color to our living room and a soothing scent to the air.


 8.  Insert your own random thought here.


   I've recently gotten into a cooking phase. Yesterday, I made Lemon Butter Herb Pasta, turtle brownies and a potato thing. Today, I hope to make something else delicious. I made an All Recipes account yesterday and I'm quite excited to get to use it.

 

4 comments:

  1. Your recipes sound great! I need to do better with trying new dishes...I'm kind of in a rut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Veteran's Day. I also think that Starbucks is just overpriced coffee! Love my EO diffuser too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you said about Starbucks! Why don't we complain about fast food restaurants not decorating their cups? It's a cup, not a moral issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!