Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?

   I haven't jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon. Firstly, because I don't like pumpkin and secondly because you can get pumpkin all year round. Not just in the fall. It's ridiculous. Yes, pumpkin is harvested in the fall, but a lot of pumpkin things use canned pumpkin. Not fresh.


 2.  "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld  

What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?


   Math? It's not impossible, even though it feels like that, but I also hate it, so my lack of will doesn't make it better...


 3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (
click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?

   Our state flower isn't my favorite, it's nice enough, but if I was in charge, I would make it Forget-Me-Nots. I like the little blue flowers.


 4. What have you lost interest in recently?


   I don't think I've lost interest in anything recently, if anything, my interests have been growing.


 5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?


   I couldn't pick just one. I think every musician has something different to bring to the table, because everyone has different taste and style. I love the fact that we have a ton of different artists out there with the same goal (making music) that each one is achieving differently. Though I like some more than others, I couldn't pick a "best".


 6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?


   S'mores are okay. We've made them indoors before, but they're not as good as campfire-made ones. I typically don't have a s'more when we have campfires. A few weeks ago was probably our last campfire. I don't think we will have another one this year. Our family isn't the type to think, "Hey, let's go outside and sit in crappy lawn chairs that are falling apart. We'll build a fire and pretend we aren't freezing our butts off!" I don't have an autumn bucket list, or plan on making a bucket list just for a season.


 7. Your favorite small town? Why?


   I don't have a favorite small town. I live in a small town surrounded by other small towns. It's not really a competition.


 8. Insert your own random thought here.


   The changing of seasons has brought my mind into the past. I remember, when I was younger, my brother used to bring his roller skates, skateboards, pogo sticks, scooters and occasionally a bike into the house during the winter. Amazingly, mom tolerated a lot of it.
   At one point, we only had one pair of roller skates, which wasn't bad because I couldn't roller skate with both of the them on. I still can't. Anyway, he would take the left skate and I would take the right, and we would skate around the house, pushing off with our bare foot and gliding on the skated one.
   The skateboard was also fun. One of us would sit on the skateboard and the other would push. It was horrible when you had your fingers ran over. The scooters were fun to ride too. I still can't believe mom tolerated everything in the house, but looking back, I'm glad she did.

3 comments:

  1. did your roller skates have keys to get them to attach to your shoes? Mine did, and I remember having to go into the scary basement to find the key that always seemed to be lost (i think my brother had something to do with that.)
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our roller skates didn't have keys. They were pretty much shoes with wheels on them. :)

      My love,
      Kat

      Delete
  2. We used to roller skate around our unfinished basement in the winter months. It was hard on the paint : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!