Thursday, October 1, 2015

Graphic Novels

    My latest reading obsession has been one of graphic novels. A graphic novel is pretty much a lengthened comic book. One day, I hope to write my own graphic novel, but until that day, I will just enjoy reading them.
   The first graphic novel I ever read was the Big Nate books. They aren't full graphic novels, more like novels with graphics, if that makes any sense.

Here's what I mean:


 
 
 
   So those are some examples of what I mean. Big Nate, Dork Diaries and Diary of a Wimpy Kid are all written similarly. Normal graphic novels are written more like comic book in those regards.
   Our library has a small selection of graphic novels, so I cleared a shelf and started reading. I've read several now, and the best one I've read so far was one about Dracula. I never thought I would love a book about a vampire before I read this one. I was even tempted to not read it, but the way it was drawn compelled me, so I did. Graphic novels don't take me long to read. I finished Dracula in a half in hour.
    Have you ever read a comic book or a graphic novel? Would you if you had the chance? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 
Until I think of something else to post about,
Kat
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!