Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Best Things in Life are Free

   "The best things in life are free."
   It's been said a million times. Probably everyone has either said it, heard it or read it. It's not really an uncommon phrase. Is it true though? I guess it's a personal thing, depending on what you think are the best things in life. I think some of the best things in life are...
  • cats
  • blueberry bagels with cream cheese and strawberry jelly
  • Kit-Kat bars
  • books
  • astronomy
  • makeup
  • love
  • hair bands (like the thing that holds your hair up)
  • hair bands (like that rock music from the 80's)
  • music in general
  • popcorn
  • comfy, oversized shirts
  • essential oils
  • macaroni and cheese
  • fans
  • grass
  • coffee
  • movies
  • journals
  • sarcasm
  • The Holy Trinity (Note: I couldn't decide what to write for this, cause I didn't want to just write God, cause different people see God as different things, and I wanted to include Jesus, cause of the whole salvation thing, but God and Jesus are like the same thing, so I went with The Trinity, cause religion is complicated. Thank you for your patience.)
  • lip balm
  • Reader's Digest
  • technology
  • credit cards with the chip in them (Note: Not really. The chip cards suck and everyone hates them for good reason, but I figured they needed some love.)
   So as I wrote this list, I discovered that most of my favorite things actually aren't free. Does this mean that I'm materialistic and the best things in life for other people are actually free? Possibly.
   Pretty much everything costs something. In the bathroom at work, there's a little note card tucked in the mirror. I don't remember exactly what it says, but it's a little prayer. In the middle of the prayer, it says something like, "May what I do with today be important, for I am exchanging a day of my life for it."
   I think that's an interesting thought to keep in mind. Have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I love that thought you found on the note and will definitely try to remember it. I don't even know why, but just reading your delightful list has inspired me to go and write one of my own. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I'd love to read it. The thought on the note really intrigued me. I couldn't get it out of my head for days after!

      Love,
      Kat

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!