Friday, December 16, 2016

A Friday Off

   I didn't have work today, but I never work Fridays. That was the one condition when I was hired: I couldn't work Fridays. That's because I have our homeschool group on Friday and I decided that having a job wasn't worth sacrificing some of the best times of my high school experience.
   Now that homeschool group is over for the year, Friday is my free day of the week. I typically work every Saturday, with one off every month. Tomorrow is my Saturday off for December. I always work on Wednesdays. I enjoy working Wednesdays though cause the newspaper guy comes in. I enjoy seeing him.
   I didn't do anything particularly interesting today, but I did drive by myself to The Discount Store. I wasn't working, but I had a few things I wanted to pick up. It was a very boring and uneventful drive, and good songs played on the radio. I'm going to call it a win.
   After I came home, as soon as I walked in the door, mom came bustling down the stairs and asked if I wanted to come with her to the post office. I thought that sounded fun, so we went and mailed Christmas cards.
   Speaking of Christmas, I am so underprepared this year. I've only purchased a few gifts, and I really don't have it together. I'm planning on making some advances on Christmas planning tomorrow. Let's hope it fairs better than it is now. Christmas is coming fast.
    Tonight, our church held the annual Children's Christmas play. My brother got himself wrapped up doing a small part. I was very happy to see him performing in something I wasn't in. He played a fireman. His performance was very good. The rest of the play was not as good. It was still entertaining though.
   A small girl was standing behind my seat and I'm telling you, it took all my will power not to turn around in my seat and flick her in the nose. She was breathing in my ear, and would occasionally touch me. I knew who she was, cause she sometimes comes in to our child care during church services when I'm in there. Goodness grief, that was annoying.
   On a happier note, I had a few delicious cookies after the show when they had refreshments. They were very good. After the show, we drove home and that was that. It really wasn't a bad day, even without homeschool group.



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you at least had some good cookies! I hope you enjoy your weekend off and get your Christmas shopping done in due time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping that I can get it done soon. I've purchased a few more presents, so that's looking up. Hard to believe it's coming so soon.

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I know you weren't at work, because we went to the store and you weren't there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!