Wednesday, October 26, 2016

It's Cold Outside

   I woke up for work this morning and the world outside was covered in an icy frost. I was planning on wearing my green work shirt and my new black and white skirt I purchased over the weekend. Since it was so cold out, I put on a pair of black leggings underneath my skirt.
   I personally enjoy wearing skirts. My manager wears nothing but skirts to work. I am not positive if she wears them for religious reasons, but I am inclined to say she doesn't. Our floor manager is Mennonite, and she wears a head covering and skirts. Another one of my coworkers is wears a head covering as well.
   Earlier this week, one of my coworkers was asked if she was Amish. This woman was wearing jeans, a V-neck shirt, makeup and her hair down. If you're familiar with the Amish, you know it's very easy to tell when someone is Amish and when they are not. I am continually surprised at people's ignorance.
   Today, a bitter woman came in and asked, "What's with all the skirts?" (Two of my coworkers who were both wearing skirts we standing nearby, working on an order.) I casually started a conversation (a monologue, really) about my skirt, saying about how I got it and such. She made another derogatory comment and left.
   I could never imagine saying such things to a cashier! Criticizing attire that we're currently wearing. Get a life! You know what I want to start? A company like Yelp, but a customer review site. We write a review on you. Our experience of how you acted. How you behaved, how you treated the staff, even what you bought. Of course I know that's a terrible idea, but it would feel nice.
   Even though some customers are stress inducing, some customers are also really nice and try and make your job easier. It's an interesting balance. Another interesting fact: I broke my personal buggy record today! I hit 9. The even cooler thing is, I completed it before lunch time! So that was a highlight of my day.

1 comment:

  1. It often makes me wonder why some people think they have the right to critisize others over something that quite frankly is none of their business...Im sure they looked very smart, respectable and feminine...and I for one would wear a skirt more often if I had a decent waistline. :)
    Lets hope you have a better day tomorrow
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!