Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Bits and Pieces

   I've never liked to cook or bake, but last weekend I was watching Food Network. I marveled at how wonderful the food looked and how simple the recipes were. I was inspired to cook, so I grabbed a favorite recipe book and started flipping through the pages. I decided on Chicken Tetrazzini.
   I started making it, and only then, did I remember, how much I disliked cooking. I continued with the recipe and threw it in the oven. I cleaned up the kitchen and set the table. Fortunately, it turned out okay. Though now, I've decided that Food Network isn't the channel for me.
 
/\/\/\/\
 
   The weather is beautiful today. It's so lovely and enjoyable. We have the windows and doors open, letting the fresh air in. It's also inspired a small cleaning spree that's freshened up the indoors, too. Everything's cleaned up and fresh. It truly is a wonderful day.
 

/\/\/\/\
 
   Yesterday, I had a hair appointment. It was a rather late birthday gift that we never got around to doing. My appointment was at twelve and we didn't leave until 4:30. My reddish-brown hair is now a very dark brown with blue and orange streaks.
   I love it, but I must say, it doesn't feel like my hair anymore. The shampoo from the salon made my hair crazy soft, and it still smells vividly of flowers. It's also several inches shorter, which makes it all the more different. It feels weird to see a lock of hair hanging beside my face appear orange or blue, but I truly do like it.
 
/\/\/\/\
 
   I've been enjoying the leftover Halloween candy that we didn't give out to the trick-or-treaters. We have a few that come around our area and we always buy candy in excess. We don't celebrate Halloween, but we did go trick-or-treating for a few years when I was younger.
   Mom hated doing it, so she made a deal with us: we don't go trick-or-treating and she would buy us a bag of candy. That's been the tradition ever since, and I have to say, I'm too old to go trick-or-treating, but she still buys us a bag of candy regardless.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love reading them!